Thursday, January 27, 2011

Norwegian Ice Skating, New Years and Galavanting across the Country Side!

Before you say ANYTHING, I know, I know, this is suuuuuuper late! Eeeep! When I got back from my awesome Christmas/New Years travels I was super busy lazy with homework non-specific time wasting activities and didn't do it. But NOW, I have another entry to write and so I must, I must get this one done. What also slowed me down was that I put a few photo's on Facey anyway so most of this will be a repeat. BUT, you're gonna get it here as well now!

So, I left you all with a blog about Christmas as the Landmarks. After that, on the 27th, I jumped on board a train to Moi to see my lovely buddy Birte whose hip I was basically attached to in Hawaii :o)
The train ride to Moi was the prettiest landscape I had seen so far. I put a few photo's up on Facey but here ya go again:


 At a train station waiting for my next train to come along. Yes, it read -10.

 I really like the way the clouds are here and the sun just hitting the top of the hill



And the sun on this one too is pretty neat.

And then I arrived in Moi and got to see Birte at her parents house! Yay!! We didn't do much in Moi cos there isn't really anything to do, but I got took photo's of her "backyard" and decided it was one of the nicest places I'd been, to date. See the next few pics:



 Note: Bek, she looked soooo much like Princess Sparkle!!
 And then we got in Birte's car and drove to where she studies and lives in Stavanger! Then THIS scenery became the nicest to date (can you see a trend developing?)

 A beach we stopped at.


I stayed with Birte for a few days before heading back to Larvik. We didn't do much, just hung around, sat in funny ornaments in the town, watched TV which WASN'T dubbed (thank the Lord!), had New Years (which was super fun except I forgot my camera- whoops!)


 A frozen lake in Stavanger
 Hehehe, I had a slightly sore throat for a few days. Lucky I had REPSILS!! 

And I went Ice Skating!!! Which was soooooo much fun and on top of my list of things to do in my Wintery Europe and was so happy to do this in Norway with Birte! 

 Eeeep, don't crack pleeeeease!

And then I said goodbye to Birte :o( and went back to Larvik, where I stayed my last night in Norway (for the time being). I was going to catch a ferry across to Oslo for my flight home, but Kasper had a great idea to drive me (with his friend Christoffer) and show me Oslo for a few hours! Best. Idea. Ever
 It was an awesome day and we got to go to the Oslo Ski Jump. We tried to go up it but it was a massive line so we decided to save it for next time. P.S The ski jump world Championships are on at the end of Feb. Tune in :o)
 I believe this is the parliament house. o_O
 This is the Oslo Opera House which was really cool. The sides that slope up to the roof are actually ramps and you can walk up there :o)
 View from the top of the Opera House.
 Me and the largest Seagull ever. Crazy Norwegian Breed!
Christoffer, Me and Kasper on top of the Opera House. 


Oslo was awesome and I had a great time in Norway in general. I felt as though every place I went was better then the last, but at the same time had the feeling that every place was unique and beautiful in its own way. And I love Norwegians so much. They are so friendly and I feel they share a lot of traits and humour as Aussie's which means we get along well (they get Home and Away, Neighbours, WATER RATS and yes, A COUNTRY PRACTICE back in the day), so you know what I mean. 
I loved Norway and the people so much that I found extremely cheap tickets for this weekend, so I'm going back to Oslo this weekend (hopefully get up the ski jump this time) and drink some ridiculously expensive alcohol and learn some more Norwegian with my new buddies! And work out a game plan for my trip back here in Summer in a year or two to hike up the mountains and see the amazing Fjords when they aren't frozen!

So for now, hadet bra! (goodbye)

P.S again, apologies this was so late. I am doing this now because I have another blog to do of a trip last weekend to Krakow. But this somehow just took me almost 2 hours so now it's bed, and Krakow will have to wait 'til after my weekend in Oslo! Which I'm soooo excited for! :oD

God natt (good night) xx







No comments:

Post a Comment