Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Mission Begins....Part One: Australia to England

Ok, So! This is where I'll be writing about what I'm up to in Europe. It's a place for you to check out some photos and get a good account of where I'm visiting and how Uni is going... I'll be putting some photos on Facey but not really any info...Follow any links if you want more info on stuff aaaaand forgive me if its lame but I've never done a blog before :oP


Anyway, after a few sad farewells I jumped on board an 11pm flight to Doha, Qatar from Melbourne. After a big couple for days of organising stuff and a few beers at the airport I was quickly out of it and slept for about 10 hours... nice... then made use of the free breakky and movies for a few hours before getting into Doha(Shrek 4- HIGHLY recommended, the karate kid-not bad but jackie chan has nothing on mr.miyagi). Spent a lazy 2 hrs at the airport at 5am and it was 34 degrees and climbing already. Doha looked pretty cool, sand everywhere which is something I haven't experienced yet and am interested to check it out one day perhaps?
Then, jumped on an 8 hr flight to London where I met the wonderful Kelly Vollman. We rocked out in London for a couple of nights where she showed me the London attractions e.g:


Big Ben across the Thames River...and

Tower Bridge

Going to the Tower of London was certainly the highlight of London. Seeing the armor the old kings wore and swords and stuff was cool. Also got to go in the towers where they held criminals before torturing them and you can read their names they inscribed on the wall...


We also headed to Notting Hill where I hoped to find Hugh Grant but alas, all I saw was Portebello Rd market and the house that George Orwell lived in (author of Animal Farm) which was pretty cool and had delicious cupcakes from The Hummingbird Bakery which was delicious and saw a cool acoustic busker Robbie Boyd and bought his cd. BUT it's not working on my mac which is annoying! You should definitely check him out on the above link though! Also saw this guy:

Apparently there is only a few of these instruments made in the world.. it was pretty cool...

Anyway, after our days in London Town (including a very big night on the town including lots of Long Island Iced Teas in memory of our Sherwood 2C buddies) we headed to Volly's town of Sheffield where she lives in a small outskirt called Loxley (as in Robin Hood of Loxley)... The  weather was typical English countryside weather with fog but it looked really fitting:

I met Volly and Nick's dog Heidi, whom I LOVED at the start... then she ate my ONLY TUBE OF PAW PAW so she quickly dropped in my top ranking dogs... MY ONLY TUBE OF PAW PAW!!!!
but she's still pretty cute...JUST... 

What else? Not much really in England. But a massive props to Volly and Nick for putting me up for a few nights and hopefully it wont be three years until I see Volly again! 






Peace out England... xx

3 comments:

  1. yaaaay! Welcome to the world of blogging Eb! I want to hear more about germany!

    ps. I'm still sorry heidi ate ur paw paw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear your news Ebby! That Robbie dude has some sweet sounds, I like it. Can't wait for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to invest in one of those domes!!! they sound delectable!!! ... as in delicate and collectable!! :)

    ReplyDelete